A sugar daddy is a rich older man who offers professional and financial support to young female ladys in exchange of companionship and usually sexual favors. Even though being rich and successful attracts a number of young women eager for a relationship of mutual convenience, being sugar daddy requires one to maintain a fine balance between expectations and obligations. Sugar daddy dating, often viewed as the most convenient dating style has its fair share of advantages and disadvantages.
Pros of Dating a Sugar Daddy
1. The allowance: Getting a pay check without the struggles of a full – time job is the best thing about this relationship. The recommended allowance includes everything that's required for your survival such as college fee, rent, food and bills.
2. Free time: Having ample free time at your disposal is a greater luxury than just money. Sugar dating gives you a golden opportunity to grasp new skills without having to pay for your existence by working at the dead – end job.
3. Experience : based knowledge: This is one of the major advantages of dating a sugar daddy but not all sugar babies make use of it. Whether you are already in a sugar relationship or still seeking one, take advantage of this as it might be the most useful thing in the relationship.
4. Old broom knows how to sweep the corners: Chances are, your sugar daddy has been around the block a few times and so women are not new to him. He knows how to woo them and how to love them.
5. Rather be an old man's sweetheart than a young man's fool: They don’t call them sugar daddies for nothing! The sugar daddies tend to be more sweet and caring than their younger counterparts who still feel as if they can conquer the world. As such they are less likely to treat you like the queen you truly are.
Cons of Dating a Sugar Daddy
1. Leading a secretive life: The life of a sugar baby is often a secretive one, particularly when the sugar daddy is already married and has a family. Your friends and relatives might wonder why you have so much time when people of your age are busy sorting their mess. In order to keep the details secret, sugar babies are often forced to lie to their near and dear ones.
2. Lack of a "real" relationship: The major disadvantage of dating a sugar daddy is that you never get a real boyfriend. You are also aware of the fact that this relationship is temporary and can end abruptly when your partner is bored. The chances of getting married to him are not very high either. Basically, there is no future with him.
3. Control over time: There is no doubt about the fact that a sugar relationship will give you tons of free time. But there is a downside to this too. Most sugar daddies have busy schedules and may squeeze you in whenever they are free. If you have a stringent schedule, it would be wise to inform him so that he can work out a plan accordingly
4. He may have a wandering eye: Just as how your sugar daddy picked you up, he might also be scouting out other ladies as well. If that is the case, it is important for you not to get too emotionally involved or you might stand the chance of being hurt. Before you get too entangled, set some limits for yourself.
5. Your status might just be a temporary one: You’re not irreplaceable and so at any point you can be told to go to the left. As such it is important for you to have an exit strategy.
6. You might not be the only expense he has: Chances are your sugar daddy will have a lot of financial entanglements especially if he has been married before. And so it is important for you to keep in mind that his next priority purchase might not be that handbag that you have been eyeing for the longest while.
Advantages of being a sugar daddy
No-strings relationship. The best part of being a sugar daddy is that you are not expected to fulfill the obligations of a long-term relationship. Sugar babies know from the start this is relationship is based on mutual convenience – she gets the goodies as long as she makes her sugar daddy happy. He does not to have to shoulder the responsibilities that come with a committed relationship and this makes the relationship an attractive proposition for much older, richer men most of whom may have been long-married and may even have grown-up children.
Less time-consuming. Sugar daddies are usually men who have achieved a significant measure of success in their field of work. This means that men who run companies or look after business empires do not have the leisure to nurture and care for a relationship that younger men might do. As a result being a sugar daddy suits these busy men since it is a relationship where the partners already understand the give and take and no time need be spent on beating about the bush.
It looks good. A sugar daddy can flaunt their attractive companions openly and publicly. Moreover, it feels good to be seen with a young, gorgeous woman who idolizes you and also knows that other men envy your good fortune.